Freshwater shrimp safe water clarifier

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon tank with 8 amano shrimp. Recently bought 2 really tiny shrimp. Didn't realize how small they would be. I used just the hose from a manual gravel cleaner. I don't use the Python cleaning equipment. I accidentally sucked up one of newest tiny shrimp. It lived after being back in the tank. However today i don't see the new tiny shrimp. Could the mature amano shrimp or the nerite snails eat or hurt the little shrimp.
Because of too many bladder snails, i put their dry granules on top of the sponge filter- it
gives the shrimp awhile to eat before the snails find the food. I bought a class shallow shrimp feeding didh. The snails go in but not the shrimp. Now i wonder if the little additions are getting enough to eat? I removed the feeding dish. Water flow blows the shrimp food off the sponge filter.how to feed shrimp but not bladder dnails. 🤷‍♀️

Shrimp are scavengers, they'll eat whatever they can find, they don't need special foods...in a biologically mature tank, they'll be fine

How long has the tank been set up?

Shrimp are scavengers, they'll eat whatever they can find, they don't need special foods...in a biologically mature tank, they'll be fine

How long has the tank been set up?
It's been 3 years. The older shrimp go to the top of the sponge filter when i put their food there. So many bladder snails eat the food- ughh

Cut back on the feeding, to once every 2 or 3 days...shrimp (and fish, for that matter) don't need to be fed every day

Cut back on the feeding, to once every 2 or 3 days...shrimp (and fish, for that matter) don't need to be fed every day
Ok- good to know. I buy Hikari Shrimp Cuisine - tiny little pieces. $7.99 for 3/8 ounce. 😬

The Juvenal shrimp are so small that you often don't see them At that size the feed of the biofilm that coats everything in the tank. When doing a water change push the water syphon deep into the substrate. The substrate would then act as a filter to keep the shrimp out of the discarded water.

The Juvenal shrimp are so small that you often don't see them At that size the feed of the biofilm that coats everything in the tank. When doing a water change push the water syphon deep into the substrate. The substrate would then act as a filter to keep the shrimp out of the discarded water.
Thanks. I really don't trust extra chemicals in my shrimp tank other than chlorine remover. Thanks for the tip.

Most reactions

Back