Freeze dried brine shrimp are still everyone’s favorite…

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I feed them maybe once, sometimes twice a week… they are easy to feed… they are crispy, and I roll them between my index finger and thumb, breaking them up into smaller pieces, depending on the size of the residents, from 7 inch Tin Foil’s, to 1 inch baby dwarf cichlids… Cory’s all like them too….

Curious if these might not be the best for any of my tank resident's, including snails and shrimp

It’s like pizza night here, when I feed them… so just making sure if they get their pizza twice a week, that isn’t too much for anyone???

People debate freeze dried foods a lot. I am constantly told they expand in the fish and kill them. In 50 plus years, I have never seen that happen. When I have them, they go in dry and everything thrives on them.

I am allergic to bloodworms, so I can't use them. Freeze dried brine shrimp are good roughage but not as nutritious as the soft tissues on artemia don't stand up well. I used to get black mosquito larvae, and they were wonderful food for insect eaters.

I keep reading decapsulated artemia eggs slaughter fish and should never be fed. I'm on my fifth pound of them, using about a pound every 18 months, and I have never had an issue. They are a great food for small fish.

I can only fantasize about pizza. My doctor says no,no! No French fries either. Boo hoo.

@gwand Okay, so no pizza. But you still have freeze dried brine shrimp to enjoy!

Most reactions

Back