Free Gecko!

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to a couple of local herpe shops to pick up some decorations for a vivarium in preparation for the satanic leaftail gecko I plan on ordering when I find one I like. While rummaging through decorative wood bits, I found a little gecko running around in the box! He's just a common introduced species around here (Mediterranean gecko,) so the staff didn't want him and gave me a little container to put him in and take him home... we'll call it practice for the expensive one that is to come.

Right after coming home yesterday. He was SO thirsty, poor thing. Here he is drinking after being misted
DSCN5385-1.jpg

He's looking at lot better today, now that he has some crickets in his belly :)
DSCN5406.jpg

CUTE :wub:
DSCN5407.jpg

DSCN5408.jpg

"Whew, the scary lady finally put me down"
DSCN5411.jpg

And here's the viv. Pretty plain looking right now, but I have some plants ordered for it. I accidentally bought the 10 gallon version when I wanted the 20 tall, so I'll probably just let him live in this one and maybe get some other kind of little critter to go with him, since I want a bigger tank for the leaftail (though it's not strickly necessary.)
DSCN5419.jpg

Lovely gecko, Dont they need heat from underneath from a heat mat, so their food can digest. Very nice setup.

Sean :D

Betta5 -- Nope, not this species. They don't even need UV I don't believe (though I am getting a UV bulb just incase), and neither do the satanics ^_^

Thanks for the nomination, fishkiller! :D Yeah, the satanics are awesome. Check out this guy, this is the one I was going to buy until I found out he was no longer for sale. I'm looking for one along these lines... found a guy two hours from here that has them, and am going to go pick one out in a little over a week.
phan3.JPG

I'm also ordering some cat geckos with a coworker of mine and splitting the shipping cost... I'm only getting one, but he wants 2-3, and if you buy 3 or more they are only $75 each!! It'll go in the tank with the free guy for the time being at least, until it gets bigger.
564506.jpg

stunning little creatures! i've never seen those leaf ones before, amazing!

awww what a cutie, Ian say's apparently our next pet is gonna be something along those lines.

Yesterday I went to a couple of local herpe shops to pick up some decorations for a vivarium in preparation for the satanic leaftail gecko I plan on ordering when I find one I like. While rummaging through decorative wood bits, I found a little gecko running around in the box! He's just a common introduced species around here (Mediterranean gecko,) so the staff didn't want him and gave me a little container to put him in and take him home... we'll call it practice for the expensive one that is to come.

Right after coming home yesterday. He was SO thirsty, poor thing. Here he is drinking after being misted
DSCN5385-1.jpg

He's looking at lot better today, now that he has some crickets in his belly :)
DSCN5406.jpg

CUTE :wub:
DSCN5407.jpg

DSCN5408.jpg

"Whew, the scary lady finally put me down"
DSCN5411.jpg

And here's the viv. Pretty plain looking right now, but I have some plants ordered for it. I accidentally bought the 10 gallon version when I wanted the 20 tall, so I'll probably just let him live in this one and maybe get some other kind of little critter to go with him, since I want a bigger tank for the leaftail (though it's not strickly necessary.)
DSCN5419.jpg

[/qu

I think hes much cuter than the satanic leaftail gecko. I had a leopard gecko a while back and he was cool too. Hope you have fun with this one.

Most reactions

Back