Four months out from FW

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this here for anyone interested...updated tank shots. I'm only about 4-5 months out from FW. Do I have a shot at tank of the month here? LOLOL. I wouldn't even know how to do that. SH

nano76.jpg

nano78.jpg

nano79.jpg

nano80.jpg

nano81.jpg

OOPS..sorry..wanted to get my clown and sixline on the marquis here, lol:

nano82.jpg

They've expanded progressively and I'm now finding them in other areas of the tank. I saw growth within weeks of getting them. They are pretty hardy. SH

WoW it's stunning !!! :drool: I always love your pics ! :cool:

Looks like you are doing very well with your new hobby. Those are great pictures.Keep them comming. Awsome :drool: :kewlpics: :kewlpics: :kewlpics:

Thanks Angel....I just want to repeat that I still have 2 FW tanks and that I got my help from everybody here, mods too. SH

We have a 12G nano and love it. But your colors in your tank and set up are amazing! Great job!!! :kewlpics:

Thanks Penguin....like any 'newbie', I was just short one piece of information when I bought the tank..that it was inadequate lighting to support SPS corals. Hence, the challenge to create a tank supported by 'stock lighting'. Someday I'll move up to metal halide and SPS and clams. SH

wow nice tank :drool: my o/h is going to let me have a small Marine tank in the hall way of the new house so you see it when you walk in .....but..... it will probaly end up in the study so i can watch it when i'm on here :rofl:

CLare

well...will be glad to help you all out when your ready to get up and running. SH

looking good!

Is that a sun coral at the bottom? This will be my next purchase i think as they are very colourful but need little - no light.

Ben

Thanks...yes..it's a sun coral...tubastrea aurea. Just remember...these guys have a little 'learning curve' in the feeding area and adding a frag is like adding a fish. What you feed those polyps comes out as nitrates. SH

Most reactions

Back