Forgive Me If This Is A Stupid Question...

squeakytoy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been seeing a group of what I think are flatworms in my puffer tank. I am just getting started with live feedings, but these guys are pretty tough, and I am not sure they should be allowed to live. The problem is that I have a river gravel substrate, and neither the shrimp, the dp's or the bbg can get them. They just suck back down and slide along under the rocks. They have a sucker at one end, and move with a linear wave kind of motion. I have also started seeing what I think are egg casings for the worms, which has me worried since the fish cant get to the worms to control the population. Now my question is, can I drop a YoYo or Kubotai loach into the tank for a couple of weeks holiday to go root around and get the big worms? It's a 5.5 US gallon hex with an Ehiem 2224 and pretty good top cover of floating plants and a some java moss on the bottom.

Well, I will just have to proceed on my own intuition. The Khuli is now in the tank, and I will post as to success or failure...

Planaria?

Planaria%20SEX%201.jpg

Could be planaria, look them up and see if they fit what your seeing.

A couple of very large gravel vacs would be useful to suck some out, they are harmless to the fish and if they could catch them would eat them.

this is a bit random but could they be leaches i had some in my tank last year dont know how they got there but think it was the substrate
scot :good:

Most reactions

Back