for all u salties

billy_69

Reaction score
i found a really good deal on a salt water setup but the problem is i want to go with tropical fresh water. I know im in ur salty area but does anyone know if the filters, heaters, pumps, etc can be used for tropical fish since its now being used for salt water?? My salt water tank will come when i know i can handle keeping easier and CHEAPER fish alive.

Thanks Billy :/ :/

your making a wise choice starting out on a inexpensive and simple aquarium system. it really sucks to start out not knowing what you are doing and buying a 100 dollar fish and finding it dead the next morning. that sw rig should work as a fw setup. as far as equipment goes. if a protein skimmer is included then go ahead and use it they are not as much of an essential in fw as they are in sw but they make things easier. if any chemicals are included then see if they are made for fw and sw. if not then they cant be used in fw setups.

thanks for the info. the setup comes with a uv sterilizer and a skimmer i was going to save them for the day i go to SW but if it will help i could use them

thanks again

The skimmer would be crap in freshwater but the UV will be like millions on both fresh salt brack and pond for algea blooms and parasite control i would run the UV.

Most reactions

Back