Fluvial a101 air pump okay for 30 liter tank

Fishguy2

Reaction score
Looking for the quietest air pump for my 30liter nano CRS. Currently have old tetra 50 running and it way to noise looking at the fuval a101 is it to big for the 30 liter??

Recommended and quite pumps for it

I've not used the Fluval air pump but I have used an Eheim which was pretty quiet when I stood it on an old filter sponge.

If any air pump is too big for a tank, the flow of air is easily reduced. All you need is a 2 way manifold/splitter like this
Splitter.JPG
Have one tap going to the tank and the other to vent air into the room to reduce the air going into the tank. Sold on eBay & Amazon.

The Fluval a101 has an adjustable airflow and you can still use an air flow splitter as a regulator to bleed excessive pressure. If you do that, make sure you have a check valve installed between the Splitter and the Airstone / Filter.

That's where I put my check valve:)

Effectively, I was just mentioning as general information. Nowadays when you buy an air pump in a LFS, they don't even ask if you need some tubing...

In the old days when you where buying an air pump. You where sure to get out of there with tubing, check valves, regulators, holders, connectors, organizers and even a fish....

When I got the Eheim air pump it came with tubing and a check valve. Didn't come with a fish though :lol:

Got the pump today way over powered for this size tank turned to lowest setting. Silent compared to my old tetra aps 50

Most reactions

Back