Fluval U3

UKSPEED

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So i've just installed a new Fluval U3, managing to fit most of the media out of my old filter into the center slot. From a vibration/humming view, it is almost silent, but there is a rattly, bubbly kind of noise which is quite distracting. I've read this can happen when new and could take a few weeks to disappear. Anyone know if this is true or had any experiences of the same thing?

mine was silent from day 1.

Are you using the venturi or is the filter completely submerged? If it's sumberged, give it a few knocks to see if there's any trapped air.

Not using the venturi so it's not that. I've tried moving it around, tilting it to remove any air and it is still the same. It's almost like a rain hitting a window kind of noise, very churny.

Not using the venturi so it's not that. I've tried moving it around, tilting it to remove any air and it is still the same. It's almost like a rain hitting a window kind of noise, very churny.

hmmm, doesn't sound good. Is it brand new? If so talk to the retailer and seek a replacement. Mine was quieter than a mouse.

Yes it is brand new. Will have another prod around tonight, but if not will have to start making inquiries I guess!

Most reactions

Back