Fluval Roma 125 - Help

alphadog1000

Reaction score
Hi guys - Just got my Roma 125 and need to connect my Fluval 205 filter to it. The brochure and even other members on here say that it has two rectangles in the canopy to cut out so you can fit the filter pipes...should look like this:

5213076242_6ca4787ce4.jpg

but mine doesn't have these cut outs and looks like this:

5212283867_d824bf075e.jpg

Can I still cut this to fit or should I insist on a replacement?

I'd imagine it's just a new style of hood.

Is it going to cause you any problems that you can think of? Or is it just that you're suspicious that it's different to everyone elses?

Eitherways it's probably worth contacting fluval directly, just to find out if they've altered the hood.

I'd imagine it's just a new style of hood.

Is it going to cause you any problems that you can think of? Or is it just that you're suspicious that it's different to everyone elses?

Eitherways it's probably worth contacting fluval directly, just to find out if they've altered the hood.

Problem is that it's going to be much more difficult to cut so I can get my filter to fit and I don't want to screw it up!

Have sent a question to Fluval already.

Thanks

Good point, I just wondered if maybe they'd 're designed' it so that the pipework would fit without you needing to cut.

I guess you're just going to have to see what fluval say. Although I had a roma 125 aswell and mine had the flat rectangles like everyone elses... however mine was made around... 3 years ago or so.

Good point, I just wondered if maybe they'd 're designed' it so that the pipework would fit without you needing to cut.

I guess you're just going to have to see what fluval say. Although I had a roma 125 aswell and mine had the flat rectangles like everyone elses... however mine was made around... 3 years ago or so.

Thanks - Says 1 business day response so will update on Monday when I hear from them.

I got my roma 125 in...May '10. Mines got the rectangular cut out. However, I don't think the cutout is big enough for the Fluval 205 pipework -_-

It just looks like a re-designed lid. I have a fluval 205 on my rio 180 tank & had to cut the lid to fit the pipework. Its not that big a deal. You just need a junior hacksaw & a stanley knife.

Was going to wait for Fluval to reply but too inpatient and have a hacksaw to it this morning!...If anyone has any pictures of there's it would be really helpful so I know where to cut without making a real pigs ear of it!

Thanks guys.

I got my roma 125 in...May '10. Mines got the rectangular cut out. However, I don't think the cutout is big enough for the Fluval 205 pipework -_-
+1 but did take out the templates on my roma 125 to house 205 pipework. I would imagine you have the new design lid like my roma 240 which i bought in september this year.

Skins.

Have been hacking away this morning and looks more different that I thought - the glass comes so high that no matter what I do the filter pipes would come above the lid, so have had to cut a square in the lid to allow for this.

Honestly it's not pretty but seems to work! Will get a picture up later.

Thanks for all your help.

I've still not got round to cutting mine. The back flap on mine is just leaning on the pipes :lol:

My Roma 200 was cut when I got it and looks like this...

What are you using to make the cuts?

I was using a hacksaw but got a bit too tight so ended up with just a hacksaw blade for those fiddly bits.

Didn't quite get the straightness of the lines I wanted! but nothing that will be visibile. So doesn't look quite as tidy as yours but not far off. I also have intake and out take on the same side so it's a single bigger hole.

I've still not got round to cutting mine. The back flap on mine is just leaning on the pipes :lol:

Jamepsss, my fluval roma 125 is like your first picture, the back lid just rests on the pipes, never even thought about about cutting the lid as i'm certainly going to mess it up and never get the clean cut like your roma 200 :unsure:

Did your roma 200 came factory cut for the pipes?

Jamepsss, my fluval roma 125 is like your first picture, the back lid just rests on the pipes, never even thought about about cutting the lid as i'm certainly going to mess it up and never get the clean cut like your roma 200 :unsure:

Did your roma 200 came factory cut for the pipes?

No the previous owner made the cuts, he did a really good job. I bought the tank off Ebay.

Your guy definately did a great job - looks great. However encourage you both to cut the lid, Is actually really easy with a hacksaw but you do it with a Jigsaw and you'll end up with nice straight lines like the one you got from eBay.

Most reactions

Back