Fluval Edge Vs Vision Aquarium

c-dub

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, a website I buy off regularly is having a decent sale and I was looking at getting another little tank (because I am addicted to aquarium buying). Currently have two 4 foot tanks and am looking at getting one of these for they're on sale.

Can you offer any opinions on which of each you have or have used? Any pro's or con's I should be aware of before I purchase?

Cheers!

FLUVAL EDGE AQUARIUM
http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=5062&catID=115

VS

VISION AQUARIUM
http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=4889&catID=115

Although i have a fluval edge. i would go with the vision one as its bigger and it has LED lighting and its also cheaper.

Well, although the Vision is cheaper and bigger, it's also ridiculously tall which will make it a complete pain to aquascape and stocking it will be a bit more tricky because of the dimensions. It's also got a fairly rubbish filter.

Bear in mind there may well be a reason they're on sale at such a good price... People probably haven't taken to them as much as the supplier expected. More than likely because they're a bit of a pain to scape/maintain.

But out of the two I reckon I'd go for the vision aswell.

I think I saved myself and am going to save up for a 6 foot tank and turn my 4x2x2 into a dicus breeder and try my luck!

Would have avoided both the fluval is nice looking but not the best for maintenance and the second looks like the bio orb thing we get in the UK which has the worst filter ever had one of the orbs and couldn't keep fish in it.

I really like the look of those tanks but they are far too dear to even tempt me. Instead have a look on Craig's list or Kijiji or any similar site for a used tank at about 1/4 of the cost. Often the seller will be throwing in a filter and ornaments for that 25% price.

I thought reef one had stopped these companys selling VISION AQUARIUM
tank.
They are cheap copys of reef ones LIFE design cant remember if i saw it on tv or online now.

Most reactions

Back