Fluval 404

markaj04

Reaction score
I've seen a couple on eBay for around $100usd, I'm assuming these don't use bio-bags, and work relatively good and are quiet? any info on these would be great. im about to get a 55 gallon setup from walmart but would like to use a different filter (or use BOTH!) thanks for the help! :D

If you can but I fluval 404 for $100usd I would by it up, maybe two and sell the other to someone else. They are around 170 or so in the stores I believe. I have never used the 4 series of the fluval models but I have used their previous 3 models. I did love how well it filtered but what I didnt like was how it seemed to be difficult to put together/take apart for cleaning. I felt that there were alot of componets to it that I didnt want to deal with. I am a huge fan of the Rena xp models, they are about they same amount of money new but if you look closley the Renas pump more gallons per hour and have more filtering volumn. I would choose a Rena over the fluval any day normally but at the price of $100 i would get the fluval.

I got mine for less than $70 at Foster's and Smith. They have since released a new x05 series.

I have used the new 05 series and reccommend them. I would avoid the 404 due to lots of people have leaking problems with them.

Most reactions

Back