Fluval 307 question.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KenFromBG

Reaction score
I have a Fluval 307. It seems to be doing a great job of filtering and aerating the water. The problem I have with it is the noise of the output nozzle. The setup instructions made it clear that it needs to be above the water line, but that is causing a spray that is just really loud. I have it positioned about a half inch above the water line. Is it possible to change the output nozzle so that it is under water or possibly get a different nozzle head that would spray differently?

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

I would take the filter apart and clean everything. It’s possible something is broken inside, that’s why you get a loud noise when it’s running.

I haven't used Fluval 307 before but I don't think you need to put it above the water except during the initial start up.(initial priming).
Putting it above the water level is more for creating surface agitation and gases exchange, which is good for the fish.
But too much surface agitation is noisy and unneccessary.
Probably you can put the output just slightly above the water level to reduce the noise and just to give a minimum water agitation.

For other brands, usually you can change the output to "rain bar" or the sprinkler type where the output water won't be too strong. But I have no idea about the Fluval.
You can try to DIY the output head if you can find rain bar(sprinkler) that can fit the output hose.

You can watch this video for some explanation:

I have a Fluval 307. It seems to be doing a great job of filtering and aerating the water. The problem I have with it is the noise of the output nozzle. The setup instructions made it clear that it needs to be above the water line, but that is causing a spray that is just really loud. I have it positioned about a half inch above the water line. Is it possible to change the output nozzle so that it is under water or possibly get a different nozzle head that would spray differently?

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.
Change out the nozzle to a spray bar, position it UNDER the surface of the water, with the output holes pointing at a 45 degree angle toward the surface of the water....mine is nearly 2" under the surface of my water level

Thank you for the input. I'm going to go with the spray bar. I saw that at the store, but didn't want to get anything without asking the pros first. :)

Most reactions

Back