Fluval 305

rob00120

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i have a fluval 305 i got 2nd hand with my tank the person that had it befor me put the filter intake on the same side of the tank as the outlet head the pipes have been cut is there a cheap way to put this right
thankyou for any replys

Buy new hoses? Is that what you mean? Your LFS should sell them on a roll so should be cheap enough to do.

Lol! They would like you to think that yes. I have fitted normal hoses to them before with no real issues that a bit of wiggling about doesn't sort. Warm the ends up in some warm water before fitting and you should be fine. Ensure you get the right size though. lol.

i think i will get eheim tubing does any one no what size i need i think the fluval ones are 12mm ??? also the filter has been used from 2007 in till now i cleaned the filter yesterday and loads of crap come out of the tubes i think i nee new ons any way thanks for any help

rob

Blimey... I'm suprised there was any flow at all... has it drastically improved?

The Ribbed hoses can go brittle over time, and if they haven't been moved much in that time period then i would have thought you would definately need new ones anyway.

the flow is ok there is enough that the water sperts out over the water when i do a w/c just does not seem to be 1000 l/p/h there was loots of crap that come out that turned my tank cloudy white but that is going now as i did a 45 % water change i will get new tubes asap but it will be ok for a little time if i dont disterb the tubes to much it will onlu be about £5 i hope

thanks for your help

rob

Most reactions

Back