"fluval 2 Plus" Help Please

Term`

Reaction score
after recently loosing about 10 new fish due to what I now assume was "old tank syndrome" I am about ready to drain the tank, flush the fish and give up....

I have spent nearly a ?100 which I cant afford, on trying to get my fish tank back up to scratch.

I have had the filter for 2 days and no air comes from the water outlet, I have taken the filter apart cleaned the sponges in tank water, cleaned the magnetic impellar, numerous times, and still no air is comes from the filter now, just water...

why is air not being blown out? do I even need to have the air constantly blown into the tank?
anything I can do, or have I just purchased yet another crappy product?
any help greatly appreciated.

Term

Position your filter so that it creates ripples accross the surface. This keeps the aquarium oxygenated. Filters are designed to filter water not to push air through. :)

Hi there

Is the water level too high? I've just installed a fluval 2 and the water needs to be below the little black valve which goes in the top (the one you can turn to control the airflow). If the water is too high the air can't get in. Try taking some water out as this valve needs to be above water level.

ahh so are you talking about the venturi attachment? if so thats different............

what is the "venturi effect"?

and in response to the other comment, yes the little black bit is above the water,

thanks for your help guys

Most reactions

Back