flower pot(cave)?

baseballfan111

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I want a a cave for my betta(wally) and i heard you can use flower pots, does this affect ph, also is there a type of pot i should get, hes in a 10 gallon tank allon

No, it doesn't if the pot is burned red-clay (as they usually are). If it some other material than clay (red-clay), don't know... Test it first; Put water into two pail, measure boh water values. Then put the pot into one of the pail and keep it in for a week. After that measure water values and compare them together. They should be same, if the pot doesn't change values.

although you have to remember, if the pot contains CaCO3, CaCO3 doesn't dissolve in basic water.

Considering how many people use flower pots, I'd say it doesn't change the water quality. Just find one that's big enough for the betta to fit inside, but doesn't take up the whole tank.

Valerie

Hi baseballfan111

Clay flower pots are fine for fish tanks. I use them as spawning sites for my angels and discus.

Be carefull if you're thinking of using an old one.... - that it doesn't have any trace of pesticides/chemicals on it :look:

:)

Most reactions

Back