Fleas

The collars are crap on fleas if there infested with them, there only good once you treated with a good flea spray.
I wouldn't bath the cats they don't like it.
I use frontline and its excellent.

You need to wash there bedding thats gets rid of the fleas in there baskets.

I used Frontline on my dogs and you can use it on cats as well. You just apply it to their back once a month and it kills fleas and ticks. If you use it regularly for 12 months or more then it will get rid of the flea problem completely. Now I don't have to use it at all and there are no fleas in my house or on my property. I didn't have to use flea collars and didn't have to use flea shampoos. Cats hate being bathed.

Watch out if you do bath them they will dig there claws in you.
No way would I bath an adult cat, there no need to when you can buy frontline.

I agree use frontline it works a treat.

I give all our cats baths every 2 months. There is rarely ever any clawing only a little crying, they act like they did something bad. Once its over they forget about it and get really happy once they are dry. It feels good to be clean. They are due for another bath soon.

Glad the cat is now under control =)

Regarding the house, I personally wouldn't use any chemicals to clean it. Most sprays and the bombs as well require you to stay out of the house for quite a few hours. Even after that time they can still cause rashes and headaches. You'll also have to move your aquariums, as the chemicals are no good for fish either and will get in the water even if you've got a hood on your tank.

Try just vacuuming daily, especially in the areas where your pets spend a lot of time. Empty the vacuum bag in the bin outside as it will have flees in it, and leaving it inside your vacuum waiting around means they'll just re-appear in your house. Wash your bedding and cat beds regularly as well as that too will hold eggs.

Something I found on the internet, but not sure if it will work...

one thing I was told when I had a cat was to get a cheap flea collar and cut it into about 2 inch bits, then each time you change the hoover bag pop a piece in through the end or the hole of the bag, and when you hoover, the fleas or flea eggs you hoover up will DIE in the bag, then you haven't got to keep emptying/changing it........it worked for us anyway.

We had fleas really bad in our house one time. Frontline is important because it kills the fleas and actually stops the life cycle rather than just killing the eggs or detering the fleas. That will also help in your house as the fleas die once they've bitten the cats from the Frontline, so as they wander through the house they'll pick up fleas and kill them.

You'll have to wash all bedding, scrub carpets, steam couches/upholstery and probably use bombs. The more you can do all at once, the less likely they'll spread through your house again. Good luck, we ended up having to rip out some carpet....It's hard work to get rid of fleas.

Laura

You may want to sterilize your yard too if your cats are allowed out there. Focus on the shady spots since the sun kills flees.

my cats dont have fleas now but my place is still infested and cant get rid of them with the spray just want 2 no if any1 has used the flea bombs and if there any good

Most reactions

Back