Fishroom Tour

Tolak

Gun Toting Lunatic
Reaction score
Time for another update, which I do every year or so. I figured I may as well do this before I add any more tanks,as it will be difficult to get anything more than close-ups in my small fishroom.

This is the view from the couch, sitting in the family room;

dsc016791ty4.jpg

In this picture the door is on the left, from the left brine shrimp hatchery on the wall above a storage cabinet (you can see the brine shrimp settling while I mess with the camera), 15 gallon above a couple of 10’s, 20 above a 29, and a couple of 29’s. These are mainly growout tanks for fry, or pairing tanks for pre-adults;

dsc016621gm1.jpg

The rest of the 29’s, with a 15 & a 20 down low;

dsc016631bw3.jpg

On the top of this one is a 55, middle rack is a 20 & some 2.5’s. I use the 20’s for breeders, 2.5’s for hatching. The 55 is for potential breeders;

dsc016641wv9.jpg

dsc016681ch8.jpg

Bottom of that rack, a couple of 20’s with pairs. The blacks in the left tank are spawning;

dsc016651su9.jpg

dsc016781nl1.jpg

A couple of 20’s above a 55, the 20’s have pairs, the 55 is potential breeders. I like to use those top 20’s for pairs that are slow to spawn, or new things I am trying to breed, as they are furthest away from any commotion;

dsc016691in0.jpg

dsc016711mo4.jpg

These are a pair of 150 gallon tubs I use for final growout. I have five 40 gallon tanks out in the garage waiting for me to build a rack above these tubs. Once I set those up I’ll have a hard time getting unobstructed shots of the fishroom, my goal is to shoehorn as many gallons into a 8’x16’ room as possible. My aquarist friends all laugh at me, I had better not gain any weight or I won’t fit in there;

dsc016741zt4.jpg

dsc016751zc1.jpg

dsc016721mn4.jpg

Look at all that room up there! 200 more gallons & a fry hatchery, no problem!

dsc016761ge4.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys, I’ll get pics of the 40’s once those get set up.

Are all those angels? :huh: Do you have special lighting for your tanks? Is it natural light or just the room light? Just curious..

#### cuz lol nice thats alot of tanks would it not work out cheaper just to heat the room rather than individual heaters

How many times has your wife attempted to murder you for this :rolleyes: ? Great looking angels.

Angels everywhere! very impressive.
How many do you produce a month? Any other species your breeding/thinking of breeding?

your an angel for making that room, i went aand made a sandwich like you said, bread vegi bacon,humus,hot sauce(vegitarian)

Is breeding your full time job or just a bit of cash in hand tax free work on the side :hey:

Thats what I was thinking. Must take some work keeping that all going! Just out of curiosity what is your maintainance schedule like?

Looks like on hell of a set up!

Most reactions

Back