Housemate is moving out on the 30th and Bf moves in a few days later

First Thing we are doing is setting up the tank - STRAIGHT AWAY lol

Come on we want details! lol
Tank size etc?
What are you hoping to stock it with? Planting? Spill! lol

Sorry Welsh - didn't mean to take over!
blush.png

How are things in your tank today?

It's only a 4 days since you restarted tho isn't it? It will maybe show some signs of decreasing at about 7 days - fingers crossed!

Mamashack said:
It's only a 4 days since you restarted tho isn't it? It will maybe show some signs of decreasing at about 7 days - fingers crossed!

Yep your right! I mis-read my diary. I've had so many restart's so to speak, I don't know whether I'm coming or going!!!!

It's harsh, but it will be worth it in the end!!
That thing I mentioned I was trying several posts back didn't really help. It was those Pure Aquarium Balls, but to be fair they don't claim to cycle the tank only to "help to maintain crystal clear water and healthy water". They are supposed to be full of bacteria which was why I tried them, but I don't think they helped any altho equally I don't think they did any harm either. They are clearly meant to be used once the cycle is complete to keep the tank healthy.
I'll probably use up the tub I bought but won't be replacing them once they run out.
Good luck and keep plodding on!

I bought a bottle of API quick start which was £8.00 and I think tbh all it will do is maybe reduce the ammonia and not actually build up the bacs so I'm not going to put any in just incase it screws things up (even more)! lol

Think Tetra do one called Easy Start? I haven't used either so can't comment really.

I am not sure I want to mess around with anything like that.

I think the only thing I am going to add is some bacteria laden sponges from a friends tank.

I just don't want too many variables to start doubting lol

Most reactions

Back