Fishless Cycle Readings

chubbs9

Reaction score
filled my tank yesterday for the first time,used dechlorinator,right today i added ammonia and then tested the water about an hour later,my ammonia reading is about 6 judging by the colour and my nitrite is 0...i thought my nitrite was supposed to be high???or am i missing something?
i also had some ceramic balls outta my mates filter and i had about 25 litres of water out of his tank into mine.also my water has been cloudy since i filled it,white cloud it is.
my question is,isnt my nitrite level supposed to be real high?

cheers

chubbs

filled my tank yesterday for the first time,used dechlorinator,right today i added ammonia and then tested the water about an hour later,my ammonia reading is about 6 judging by the colour and my nitrite is 0...i thought my nitrite was supposed to be high???or am i missing something?
i also had some ceramic balls outta my mates filter and i had about 25 litres of water out of his tank into mine.also my water has been cloudy since i filled it,white cloud it is.
my question is,isnt my nitrite level supposed to be real high?

cheers

chubbs
Considering your tanks only been up one day bacteria would not of had a chance to grow so will not be converting ammonia to nitrite, so if you test your tank in 24 hours and the ammonia is still 6 and still no nitrite then there still isint any bacteria converting it so you will have to give it a chance to grow and to my knowledge bacteria double every 8 hours. so just test again in 24 hours and see what you got.

ye thats what i thought,its just i thought my nitrite was supposed to be high to thats all matey :).just me being a newbie...got some of my mates media to,to hopefully speed it up a bit :)...

cheers for the reply to :good:

chubbs

Most reactions

Back