Fish Tank Suggestions

kevinjwieles

Reaction score
Hey All
I have a 120 litre fish tank, I am looking to make it into a sort of Pleco Heaven
I am going to be buying a rock 3d background and also have a small cave within the tank, I am looking to have some fish in the tank too.
Can anyone give me some suggestions
• Best live fish for the tank?
• Best lights to upgrade to, they need to be quite bright but not damaging to the fish
Is there anyway I can keep the tank cleaner as well? Within 2 weeks of changing 50% of the filter over to new ones the tank is collecting Algae like nobody’s business.

Hi Kevin, :hi: to the forum.

I've moved your post to a section where it'll get more views, and you more help :good:

How many plecs are you wanting to keep in this tank?

it you want plecos, try pitbull plecos, they only get to about 2 or 3 inches

May i suggest getting a pair of bristlenose plecos, they only get to about 4/5 inches and are easy to breed. Within a year or so you will have a tank full of different sized plecos, and maybe even some albino ones! they will also keep your tank free of algae. Just be sure to provide some wood for them.

If you are wanting some sort of mid tank swimmers to go with them, i would get about a dozen neons or so; however bristlenoses are compatible with just about anything

Most reactions

Back