Fish Tail Gone Purple/white

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

madfrog2000

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey my betta fish tail (The top one) has gone a weird colour + the skin of the fish has changed too.
Could anyone please ID what's wrong with it? And what I can do to stop it? 

l5jhd7r.jpg

tOqftOI.jpg

Thanks

Looks kind of like fin rot.... What are tank parameters?  Is it filtered? Heated?   When was your last water change?  Does he have tank mates? 

Hey my guess was fin rot but not 100% sure.

Thanks for the quick response.
PH = 7.2
Ammonia  = 0ppm
Nitrite = 0ppm
Nirate = 5.0 ppm
Filter = Yes
Heated = Yes
Water Change = Today I do it every Thursday
Tank mates = No
Size Tank = 16L

**NOTE** 
I did move the tank about 4 weeks ago into the garage as the house was being painted and moved it back inside the house last week. 

I was thinking possibly columnaris, but that isn't something I've dealt with before.  Hopefully someone else can come along and confirm or rule that out.

Thanks, It does look abit like Columnaris from what iv seen on google images. Hopefully someone can confirm this though before I go further into looking for a treatment for it.

Tank sounds fine, it seems like the paint would be a problem, but you did the right thing with it.  Do you use perfumes in the same room? 
How old is your betta?

Hey I let the room air out for a week and I have 3 other tanks in the same room no problems with those fish as of yet. 
Nope no perfumes get used in that room. 
I have had the betta for nearly half a year I don't know how old it was when I bought it tho. 
Thanks

PrairieSunflower said:
Try messaging Wilder, she is quite knowledgeable in knowing what to do.
Have messaged her now Thanks

Most reactions

Back