Fish Need Total Darkness To Sleep?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes they do because they have no eyelids to block out the light so thats why they need total darkness.

what about moonlights
if i leave them on all night will they get sleep

they don't need total darkness, it just needs to be dark but if there is little light it is ok...

Think about a full moon on a cloudless night. There's enough light to see your shadow. Fish in the wild must be ok with this.

Tolak

I've seen my fish resting with the lights on, but they certainly do it more readily with the lights off. All animals appreciate the cycles of night and day, so I'm sure the fish would be very happy to have a night time with the lights out to rest.

So what do people think of those blue cold cathode tubes or the LEDs for a moonlight effect? :S

JDS said:
So what do people think of those blue cold cathode tubes or the LEDs for a moonlight effect? :S
[snapback]905605[/snapback]​
They are fine to have on for a few hours after the main lights are out, but in general, I think they should be turned off overnight. Everyone is in bed anyway, right? :)

I used a 7 watt blue sign bulb for the moonlight in my 65. It's on for a couple hours every evening, then it's darkness.

Tolak

Most reactions

Back