Fish Identity And Harasment Pls Help

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fostersimported

Reaction score
Ok, I'm obviously new to the hobby and need some help, Although I have tried to research everything for my self.

My tank is all set up and I have some stock. I wasn't sure which fish to choose so I asked the advice of a local Aquarium Shop/but a bit of a language barrier.

The tank is a 65ltr. Which has a false rear wall, it contains a three stage filter heater and pump etc. (water flows though a vent up past heater down one filter up the next filter etc...)

Heres my fish.

x2 Colisa Lalia / Dwarf Gourami (a Pair one Male one Female)

x6 Paracheirodon Axelrodi / Cardinal Tetra

x2 I think are Poecillia Velifera / Sail Fin Molly. (one gold and one platinum in colour)

Ok first can someone look at the following photos and confirm the species.

Poecillia_Velifera.jpg

The_bully.jpg

Now the platinum/silver Fish in question seems to harass the Male Dwarf Gourami the most / fin nipping, nipping its side etc.. Pushing the Dwarf Gourami,

Harasment.jpg

The fish in question also does nip the female Dwarf Gourami, but not as much as the male. This does not happen all the time, there has been times when the Dwarf Gourami chases of the silver fish.

The gold fish looks like the same as the silver fish, and it does not harass the others. If i remove the silver fish will the gold one be ok (was told to keep them in pairs)

I dont know if the gold and silver fish are the same sex or a male and female.

As for the Cardinal Tetra they just get on with it.

really what is your expert advice

Is there a problem with the fish in my community?

Don

Fosters imported

They both look like female mollies. Mollies can be aggressive sometimes but I doubt it will be able to harm the gourami as once the gourami settles in the tank well then it may pose a threat to the molly as such.

Nim

Im sure they'l nip the tails all day. Allthough it wont harm the Dwarf Gourami

The silver and the orange fish are both mollies. Most of them are not very aggressive but it does happen as others have already said.

Most reactions

Back