Fish Id Needed

michellebradford

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi can someone tell me what type of barbs these are please thanks
26thjuly07002.jpg

26thjuly07004.jpg

26thjuly07005a.jpg

ive got 7 of the striped ones and 2 of the orange ones a friend of mine was going to flush them so i said id have them

They aren't rosey barbs, females are bright yellow and males are bright orange

the black and white 1s are panda barbs and the other 1's r i think tinfoil barbs?

hope this helps
tom

I must admit I thought it was Barbus fasciatus (panda barb), but I think they are fairly different in body form, patternation and colouration...

I think the black and white banded ones are these: Arulius Barb

barb 1

could be wrong though, look at the link to see what you think

I have a sneaky feeling the others may be odessa barbs, but the fins on an odessa barb aren't as long as that.

The redish colored ones are indeede Rosy Barbs, although I think the long finned variety, as for the other stripped barbs, it looks like a 4 lined barb

I thought these were rosy barbs, same as the ones I have in my tank
Minnow107.jpg

I think the black and white banded ones are these: Arulius Barb

barb 1

could be wrong though, look at the link to see what you think

I have a sneaky feeling the others may be odessa barbs, but the fins on an odessa barb aren't as long as that.

the seam to be the same as these they are just getting reddish and yellowish colours in there tails

they look like Puntius everetti Clown barb to me

After looking at the photos that chishnfips linked to, I don't see how the black and silver ones could be anything else. To me, they are identical. The orangish ones look to be male long finned rosy barbs. You can see the blackish tips to their fins and also vaguely make out the black spot on their torso similar to these and these.

yip the others do look like long finned rosy barbs actually, but aye the others definately are the Arulius Barb I reckon.

Most reactions

Back