fish id - looks like a stick

rorrism

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I was in the pet shop yesterday with my partner and she treated me to some fish. One of the fish I got had a very peculiar name and I can't remember what it was... All I know is that the fish is an algae eater, is about 5 inches long and about 1/4 - 1/2" wide. They chap in the shop told me that it will only get about 1-2"s longer than it is now. I was also told it is 100% peaceful which looks like the case at the moment.

If anyone could give me a name so I could find more information on this fish I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Mark

any more discriptions would help :nod:

any photos?
whats he llok like? colours?

The fish is a medium, sort of woody brown colour. As said the fish is VERY long in proportion to its width, like nothing I have seen before. It has spent pretty much all of its time in the tank sucking onto the glass so far...

The chap in the shop said that it wasn't very bendy when he was trying to net it as well :)

The reason I can't get the name is that there was only the latin name on the tank that he was in, and I'm lost if I can remember latin names.

I'm not at home at the mo. but will take a picture when I can if it will help.

that's the one. A Farlowella he is...

Not the biggest motivation seeing on that page that it is not ideal for the new fishkeeper, I'll have to see how he gets on....

could be a sucking loach or most commonly knowen as a Algae eater, could be a type of catfish -_-

A plec is something different.

I have one of those, he's gorgeous. I haven't found any problems keeping him, although I don't net him, I just pick him up by hand.

Most reactions

Back