Fish dying please help fast

Joeyt66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My Irredecent shark is floating belly up he is not dead but his belly looks like a ballon he is swimmin around upside down but i think he is going to die because he is very stressed. What should i do

why is it stressed? It will probly die if its really really stressed. What are the tank paramiters? Those are test readings, btw. What size tank is it in? Oh add some stress coat to the tank

Id sharks can have that happen to them. Ive been told to just wave water over them then they should be right side up again.

hth

Sounds like--don't laugh--constipation. It can cause some swelling, which, in turn, can affect the swim bladder messing up its equilibrium so it swims upside-down.

If you can, put a few drops of paraffin/cod liver/castor oil down his throat with an eye dropper. That usually gets 'em running pretty quick. After that, don't feed him for five days. Then only feed him veggies--such as crushed peas or algae tablets--for a while. Eventually he can go back to his normal diet.

Constipation is caused by incorrect feeding; it particularly occurs after long periods in which only dried foods or Enchytrae have been fed, If enough Daphnia, mosquito larvae, and other natural foods are given in addition, fishes will not be affected.

Another more serious complaint that may occur due to improper feeding is FDIO--Fatty Degeneration of the Internal organs--which is fatal to fish. It is caused by too many foodstuffs containing too much fat and carbohydrates in comparison to proteins are given. The disease takes a very slow course and does not show many symptoms, but it does eventually kill the fish. It is one of the most common causes of death among aquarium fish.

My point? Vary your fishes' foods!!! It is important.

Most reactions

Back