Fish Compatibility (help!)

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

amandakeefe

Reaction score
Hi all
I currently have a 50 gallon tank with 1 orange spotted goby, 1 clownfish and 1 cleaner shrimp. The tank has been up and running now for approx 18 months and we are looking to add more fish. However, every time I ask my local fish shop about purchasing a fish they always put me off saying they're either too aggresive for what we currently have, too difficult to keep or they grow too big. What I basically would like to get are any of the following:
dogface puffer
porcupine puffer
boxfish or cowfish
clown trigger
sharp nose puffer

Can anyone please tell me if I can keep any of these and if not what sort of fish can I get that would be compatible.
Thanks!!

Your LFS is a good one, most would just sell you whatever you wanted. All of those fish are not suitable for your tank, the size of your tank being the biggest limiting factor. Upgrade to a larger tank, or you can go back to the fish book and see what other fish you would be interested in.

Superman is right, your lfs is a goodun!

ALl the fish you listed are aggressive or can cause problems through toxins in the tank should they become stressed.

Tank needs to be twice as big at the very least IMO as the fish you have listed need space, lots of it.

Most reactions

Back