Fish Background

are you referring to the poster type background ?
if so the answer is both.
most people have it on the outside but it can be siliconed to the inside
before you set the tank up. :good:

I have my background from the outside. I like it better from outside because i can change it anytime and get better pics.

I have my background from the outside. I like it better from outside because i can change it anytime and get better pics.
i agree outside is easier, inside looks better though much more vivid colors(thats if it isnt a plain background) :)

is it a single colour background you're looking for?
if so, it's alot more easier if you were to spray paint the back of the tank.
thats if you're planning on keeping the tank anyway

Okay, I guess I will just buy some fish poster thingys at the LFS. Ill tape? it on the back?

sounds good :) several small bits of tape down each side when its pulled tight should do the job nicely :)

i've yet to find one that would fit the depth of my tank :( for the purposes of a background, it's 28" deep! any suggestions? making my own is seriously out of the question, i have zero artistic skills!

I painted my last tank back Cobalt Blue and I have to say it looks awesome. It brings out the color of the fish like a black glass but it looks more realistic like a blue painted glass. Best of both worlds!

-Darke

My background looked too dark when taped on the outside so I called the company to ask if I could use it on the inside and the guy told me no because it could make the water toxic in time.
It shows up alot better when the front of the background is wetted down against the glass but now I have the problem of water bubbles which I've tried to squeegie out using a credit card and other things but some plants & rocks have small holes in them.

i got these fish safe double sided tape squares and stuck the background (blue) on the inside of my little tank (see sig) Muchy brighter colour :good:

Most reactions

Back