Fish and plants up for adoption

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bubbler

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am babysitting this swordtail fish for a friend for a couple months. Yay! Although, I only have the one and I read online (correct me if I am wrong) that you should not keep a swordtail fish by its self. So, I was wondering if any one happens to have a fish that they are willing to send to me, and help with my situation. I have babysat fish in the past and absolutely love it. I promise your fish would be in a safe home. Please help!
I was also wondering if anyone would be able to send me some free fake plants. The aquarium received does not have very many, and I was hoping to suprise my friend when she returns with some new decor in her tank. It would be amazing if you could help me.
From, Bubbler.

Hi everyone, I am babysitting this swordtail fish for a friend for a couple months. Yay! Although, I only have the one and I read online (correct me if I am wrong) that you should not keep a swordtail fish by its self. So, I was wondering if any one happens to have a fish that they are willing to send to me, and help with my situation. I have babysat fish in the past and absolutely love it. I promise your fish would be in a safe home. Please help!
I was also wondering if anyone would be able to send me some free fake plants. The aquarium received does not have very many, and I was hoping to suprise my friend when she returns with some new decor in her tank. It would be amazing if you could help me.
From, Bubbler.
Hi there! I do not have a fish but I do have something to say about the plants. While myself and probably other members' first recommendations will be to get live plants, I understand that some people don't want them. However, if you do go with fake plants I suggest silk! They're much cooler looking than plastic and they run a much smaller chance of harming the fish (plastic plants can have sharp edges that may tear a fish's fins up)

One swordtail would be fine by itself. Also I have never had a problem with fish and fake plants mine have never cut themselves eventhough they are not silk.

Silk plants are recommended over plastic for bettas in particular as they have long delicate fins which are easily damaged. Other fish with short fins are OK with plastic, but I have to agree that silk look more like live plants than plastic plants do.

I highly recommend silk plants because they provide the illusion of real plants. The weightless material enables the plant to move gracefully in the water and would not harm your fish.

Most reactions

Back