Tank size: 20 gallon
pH: 7.6
ammonia: 0.0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20ppm
kH:
gH:
tank temp: 80 degrees F
Tank inhabitants: 1 red tail shark, 4 tiger barbs, 3 danios, 1 golden algae eater, 1 black molly, several plants. No tank changes recently. I've been doing regular weekly water changes.

A few weeks ago I noticed my black molly had white fuzzy spots all over her. None of the other fish had spots but I wanted to prevent any further infection. I bought some Kordon's Ich Attack and begin treatment on the whole tank following the instructions on the bottle. It's now been two weeks and the spots on the molly are going away but it's not completely gone yet. The other fish still seem fine, thankfully, but the water is starting to get brown (which is the color of the Kordon's Ich Attack liquid) and my nitrates are up to 40ppm and ammonia is showing up very slightly (maybe 0.1). The instructions say that you shouldn't do a water change until the treatment is completed. I'm supposed to continue the treatment 4-5 days after all the white spots are gone (which they are not). I bought this product over the API solution because it seemed like it was less aggressive and safer for the tank at large. The bottle says the treatment could take several weeks but now I'm wondering which is worse - letting the water go or interrupting the treatment.

Any advice? Does anyone have any experience with Kordon's? Thanks.

save your other fish! change the tank water 40-50 percent.

I've used Kordon's Ich Attack with success just last month. Changing the water will not interrupt the treatment. It's all natural so the active ingredients break down in the water after a certain period of time, which is why you have to keep up the dosage with this product.

The ich in my tank was gone within a week, but I was dosing at twice the recommended dosage, three times a day. I made one water change within the week.

Most reactions

Back