First Planted Tank

kaboke

Reaction score
Hi there this are some pictures of my first planted tank
My tank is running for 2 months now but after updating the light i just starded planting this week

Tank 29g
standaard topfin filter (needs to be updated also)
Light 1x65w coral freshwater fluorescent fixture
Co2 Nutrafin co2 with bubleladder
Fertilezer leafzone 2 time's 5ml (still working on the EI methode )

PLANTS
Amazon sword
Water Wisteria
Atzelli Anubias
Bartelli Anubias
Micro sword
And two plants that i can not identifie ( need some help)
FISH
6 tiger barbs
1 Red tail Black schark
1 Albino Corry ( I no there need to be more )

Don't no this plants
IMG_1235__Small_.JPG
IMG_1236__Small_.JPG

Can we have a full tank shot?

First plant looks like a ludwigia of some kind, not sure about the 2nd one.

BTW you'll need more than one nutrafin kit to get enough CO2 into the tank to give the plants enough to grow well. I would think you'll need 2 or 3, but you can run more than one into a single ladder.

Sam

BTW you'll need more than one nutrafin kit to get enough CO2 into the tank to give the plants enough to grow well. I would think you'll need 2 or 3, but you can run more than one into a single ladder.

Sam

I.m going to add a second one on the end of this week so i have one running al the time do you think i would need more plants ??

Thanks Kaboke :rolleyes:

Sam

Didnt know u cud do tht matethink it might be worth me doin tht with mine!
Greg

Yes the more plants the better, they help fight off the algae :)

Sam

Those don't look like any aquatic plants I have ever seen, especially the last one. Perhaps they were sold to you as aquatics, but are in fact terrestrial.

Those don't look like any aquatic plants I have ever seen, especially the last one. Perhaps they were sold to you as aquatics, but are in fact terrestrial.

I second the above, they don't look aquatic to me either, but I couldn't find a specific plant in my sources. I'd keep a close eye on them.

For your CO2 canister, you probably already know this, but don't use the packets, try a 1/2tsp of yeast and 1/2 cup of sugar with water to about 2cm below the second notch. That gives quite a bit of bubbles. I second adding another and possibly a third canister. I run two successfully on my 36g, but I have less light that you do. I'm at 1.86 WPG.

llj

Most reactions

Back