First Batch Of Babies

cjohnston

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have my first batch of babies that are now 2 months old.

About half are around 1.5cm, however, some are still only half this.

Is it because it was the mollies first pregnancy??????

They have been fed on liquifry.

Are some getting to the food more than others?? Do they act any differently?? Not that i have much experience of this, mine dont last longer than 3 or 4 days when they get eaten :(

They are actually in a fry tank and there is plenty of algae for all. I'm not sure if it is just the quality of the fry as they are her first.

How often are you feeding them? And is it only Liquifry and Algae?

Feeding them 4-6 times a day is best for growth, as is a balanced diet. Liquifry is good for the first few days, but after that, I like to transfer them on to something more substantial. Small live foods, like Baby Brine Shrimp is good. Or you can get freeze-dried or frozen foods. Crushed up flakes work well too. And the algae is good for their veggie portion, but if you ever want to give them more, you could try cooking some cucumber, or peas, or zucchini, or something along those lines. :good:

hi,
i have noticed this with both my guppy and molly fry,now im still a beginner but.... it could be that the smaller fry are male??? the gonopodium (sp) seems to be developing on my 2 month fry now and this is happening on the smaller fry so therefore im presuming them to be male,hope this helps
melanie :good:

Most reactions

Back