Finally, The Shop Was Open.

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
Went to a shop I hadn't been to today and was very impressed. Northern aquatics in glemgormley. Northern ireland. I had tried to go to this shop a few times but wasn't impressed as it never seemed to be open. Its about and hour drive from me so its only really in passing I would go and look. Apparently it was due to unreliable staff and a sick owner.

Anyway, I went in with my girlfriend and decided to play dumb (my girlfriend says I don't need to try as I'm really good at being dumb... Nice isn't she?) I asked a lot of questions such as
"What is that"
"Would that go with that"
"How many could I have in my tank"

And the big one.....
"Could that oscar live happily in my tank"

She knew her stuff and refused the sale of some fish before I'd even asked about them because she believed I was new to fishkeeping. I was seriously impressed, she was extremely helpful and suggested fish that would be good for the size tank/tankmates and water hardness.

We did explain after a while that I just asked all them questions to see if I would be happy to go back and tell others about the brilliant help. Although it wasn't a big sale for her I will now be getting as many fish as I can from there in future as they will also order fish in for you and have them the following week (a lot refuse to do that round my way)

My faith in reputable, knowledge fish shop owners has been somewhat restored.

Being from Belfast myself I'm glad to hear of some positive experiences in fish shops, ever tried exotic aquatics of the castlereagh road on Belfast?

You should have brought in the camera crew and said "BABY, YOU'VE BEEN PUNKED!"

Most reactions

Back