Finally My Tank

Eversurf

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have been babling a lot in the forum for the past few months now with no of my stuff. Here it is. I'm just getting started :)

Picture_003.jpg

Here is a overview of what the whole thing looks like

Picture_006.jpg

And Again

Picture_007.jpg

Meet Bob Blennie, but his friends call him Rabbit

Picture_012.jpg

On the left we can see the cleaner Shrimps and Ricardo Tang on the right

Picture_016.jpg

En Garde

How do you guys post bigger pictures?

The begings of your tank look good :good: You may have been harping on about your tank before you did it, but that just shows planning :good:

I do have a couple of questions though :blush:
How many liters is your tank? (gallons if you prefer)
Is that all your LR, or do you have a sump?
Has the tank been running long?
What special care are you taking, to make sure your Dragonet does not starve?

for your information I wish I had done more planning :blush:

1. It's a 55G
2. I am getting another 25LBS of live rock to add in there(That will bring me close to 80LBS of LR. I have 1 RENA XP2 filter and a CORALIFE protein skimmer
3. The tank has been running for about 3 months now. I added fish too soon because I wanted to show off for Xmas, my bad
4. I play a lot of punk rock music from the 90's has he seem to really enjoy it. J/K or maybe not :) I put 1/2 of frozen cube of brine shrimp in the tank and I make sure he gets some. Some people say to spot feed them, be he seems to be doing well on his own so far. I will have to be carefull as I add more fish to the tank and make sure he gets his share :)

Thanx for the questions.

for your information I wish I had done more planning :blush:

1. It's a 55G
2. I am getting another 25LBS of live rock to add in there(That will bring me close to 80LBS of LR. I have 1 RENA XP2 filter and a CORALIFE protein skimmer
3. The tank has been running for about 3 months now. I added fish too soon because I wanted to show off for Xmas, my bad
4. I play a lot of punk rock music from the 90's has he seem to really enjoy it. J/K or maybe not :) I put 1/2 of frozen cube of brine shrimp in the tank and I make sure he gets some. Some people say to spot feed them, be he seems to be doing well on his own so far. I will have to be carefull as I add more fish to the tank and make sure he gets his share :)

Thanx for the questions.

I have made plenty of bads in my time too. But 70s rock more my type of music.

Your scooter should have a plump tail. Anything else then its not getting enough to eat. Your main problem is that dragonets feed all day (grazing) 1-2 meals a day probably will not be good enough.
Oh and while i am living in a ideal world. Your tank is not going to be big enough for the tang in the long run

I don't agree.. the yellow tang will be fine with light stocking in an ideal world we would put a yellow tang in a 100,000 gallon but i think.... and have read 55 gallons is nice.... i've checked a few sites and they say 50 or 55 gallons...
looks nice
but arent you worried that your coral banded shrimp will kill your cleaner shrimp? hehe it will probably kill any bristleworms you may have also
Ter
try photo bucket for pics

The cleaner shrimp as about twice the size of the coral bandit shrimp and they leave each other alone.

What do you mean by plump tail Tiger?

I put 1/2 of frozen cube of brine shrimp in the tank and I make sure he gets some. Some people say to spot feed them, be he seems to be doing well on his own so far. I will have to be carefull as I add more fish to the tank and make sure he gets his share :)

mysis or cyclopese would be a better idea, brine shrimp isn't a very nutrient rich foodstuff. Pretty much everything in my tank seems to go for cyclopese, but it's flipping expensive (£12 a stick) so if it goes with mysis I'd go for that. :)

dave.

I don't agree.. the yellow tang will be fine with light stocking in an ideal world we would put a yellow tang in a 100,000 gallon but i think.... and have read 55 gallons is nice.... i've checked a few sites and they say 50 or 55 gallons...
looks nice
but arent you worried that your coral banded shrimp will kill your cleaner shrimp? hehe it will probably kill any bristleworms you may have also
Ter
try photo bucket for pics

Stocking Levels Arnt the problem more than Tangs are free water fish that need/enjoy long open spaces

I would think that a 55g is pushing it for a Yellow Tang but I guess it is your decision, personally I dont think you are giving it enought swimming room

Just becasue you have seen a few Yellow Tang's in 55G tank doesnt make it right

Longnose Hawkfish
Tank03-007015.jpg

New Torch Coral
Tank03-007014.jpg

Blue Hippo
Tank03-007005.jpg

3 Months Later
Tank03-007031.jpg

Blue Hippo Again
Tank03-007009.jpg

I will take more pics tonight. They are not coming out right because of the sun

Here is a picture of my CopperBand

IMG_4795.jpg

Bob hanging out!!! He is my oldest fish

IMG_4836.jpg

My two clowns

IMG_4843.jpg

My flame angel poking it's head out

IMG_4850.jpg

A good Pic of the Group!!!
IMG_4931.JPG

Better Pic of the Flame
IMG_5003.jpg

looking nice :good:

looks very similar (stocking, size, and overall appearance) to my first sw tank

I wouldn't recommend the tangs in the 55g though. I had a yellow tang in my 55 before I moved up to a 90g...he's sooo much better off with more open swimming space.

looking good
both tangs should really be in a 90 gall min
whats your overall stocking list and how many uk gall?

Most reactions

Back