Finally, Duck Weed free.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ancient11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Every since I bought plants I have been plagued with Duck Weed and pest snails. I can handle the snails but the Duck Weed has plagued me to no end. I have scooped every leaf I could find and used a magnifying glass on the plants that had reached the surface of the water and two days later I would be scooping Duck Weed out again. This has went on many times and I finally put together the rest of my canister filter and it started skimming the surface of the water and I have not seen any Duck Weed since. I love my filter.

Duck weed can be a pain in the neck to remove!

I'm a known plant killer, I left my duck weed once in a bowl with tank water when I have been doing a water change and left it there for 1-2 weeks and it was like a mushy peas lol
Lol, I once tried to feed my old wild mosquito fish life mosquito larvae. Let’s just say mama was very angry after she found 10+ fresh new mosquitos hatched in my room! :rofl:

Lol, I once tried to feed my old wild mosquito fish life mosquito larvae. Let’s just say mama was very angry after she found 10+ fresh new mosquitos hatched in my room! :rofl:
I did keep mosquito larvae once, and they all hatched! :rofl:

I did keep mosquito larvae once, and they all hatched! :rofl:
Lol, same.

I really wanted to keep my wild mosquito fish, but I was about to move across the states and I didn’t want to put them through that. They were pretty though. :fish:

They remind me of guppies a little :fish:
They looked a lot like them, except sort of dull. In hindsight, I wish I would have kept them.

The males looked the best, with little black spots on his tail. The female looked very dull and grey.

They looked a lot like them, except sort of dull. In hindsight, I wish I would have kept them.

The males looked the best, with little black spots on his tail. The female looked very dull and grey.
Yeah, thought they are cute! :lol:

Back on topic, I was thinking of adding some duck weed to my RES tank, I heard they like it.
That would be a good supply for food for them. Go for it, they'll eat it so it should not be a problem

Most reactions

Back