Finally A Spawn! *photos*

Bubblenester

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've spent the last 3-4 months trying for a spawn... any spawn... and I've been having the worst luck. Every time I get a pair, either something happens to one of them or they refuse to breed. In fact, this male was torn up by another one who slipped through the divider (we secured them with sealant- no more escapes!) but he didn't seem to care so I tried him anyway.

So far it looks like he's doing a good job of tending the nest! The female was great too- she helped gather eggs, and yes she... um... spat instead of swallowed. :fun:

DSCN00522.jpg

2DSCN01302.jpg

DSCN01442.jpg

DSCN01472.jpg

Wow.... you must have an awesome camera!! I can't even get ours to focus on BIG objects!

Awesome photos and that male is just absolutely gorgeous!!

I hope everything works out... keep us posted! :good:

He is such a sexy fish!! what colour was the female as you can't see her too well. Pics are fab btw

Great looking Betta's and amazing photos........... good job :good:

Fantastic photos. He is stunning :wub: Hope everything goes ok and can't wait to see the babies :D

Nice one :good: ....now that's the easy part over with :rolleyes:

:lol:

What? No way... the spawn itself is the hard part to me, maybe because I have so little control over it- you condition the fish and introduce them, and then all you can do is hope for the best! The feedings and water changes are a lot of work, but at least there's not too much that can go wrong as long as you do what you're supposed to.

He is such a sexy fish!! what colour was the female as you can't see her too well. Pics are fab btw

The female is dark bodied (not quite black), has yellow fins with black edging, and has turquoise iridescence on her fins and body much like the male. I'll get a photo once she recovers a bit.

Oh, and thanks everyone for the photo compliments and good wishes!

looks lurvley...i bet the babies will be gorgeous...wish it was nearer to UK

Update:

The male hasn't been doing a very good job of keeping up with his nest. Fortunately he still kept the eggs off the ground, and they had hatched when I got home from work today. You can do it, buddy- only a few more days!!

DSCN57432.jpg

Oh, yay! Congrats on the spawn. He IS beautiful, and those are some awesome pictures! Keep us updated! :)

Amazing pics and congrats, i must invest a camera with that quality lol how much was it?, i got a hitachi video camera it was £220 and it sucks lol unless its in proper daylight...

Need to invest in a good digital camera i think lol..

Looks like this'll be a fantastic spawn! Keep us updated, I might want a baby or two when they're old enough. I'm glad I'm in the US for once, lol. :lol: ;)

Most reactions

Back