Fin Rot?

ElusiveMuffin

Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted anywhere else..

It looks like my fish has lost pieces of his fins last night.

Does this look like fin rot?

sickfish.jpg

This was him before:

fish.jpg

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else..

It looks like my fish has lost pieces of his fins last night.

Does this look like fin rot?

sickfish.jpg

Not really? overnight he lost it? does he live with other fish? Some bettas tail bite when they are stressed

He doesn't live with any other fish. He used to swim back and forth in the front of the tank, but now he does it in the back all of the time. He's very active. I think he chases his reflection all of the time..

Yeah, from what I can tell he lost it overnight.

Before he had a piece already missing, but it looked like it was growing back.

He doesn't live with any other fish. He used to swim back and forth in the front of the tank, but now he does it in the back all of the time. He's very active. I think he chases his reflection all of the time..

Yeah, from what I can tell he lost it overnight.

Before he had a piece already missing, but it looked like it was growing back.

How fast is the filter flow, it is possible his tail got stuck or sucked into the filter input? Are there any plants or ornaments he could have torn his tail on?

I have the aquatec model 5-15 power filter.

I have 5 plants. 2 are medium and the others are small in a 5 gallon tank. I can twim some down

You may be right he swims very close to the filter and so his fins may have gotten sucked up :(

I have the aquatec model 5-15 power filter.

I have several plants. 2 are medium and the others are small.

You may be right he swims very close to the filter and so his fins may have gotten sucked up :(

Can you cover the inflow with some old tights? and turn down the current a little?

Alright I can see If I can bring it down on this one.

I'll do the tights method no matter what though

Most reactions

Back