Fin rot? vs acriflavine?

Margaanu

Reaction score
Hi all, around ~2 weeks ago i picked up my bettas from a friend, because i travelled for work for 3 months. I found out that he’s not in a good condition. My guess was fin rot or fungus. Here’s his picture before treatments:
A1FB1190-2C2D-407E-9001-6F120E199114.jpeg

Last week i started treating him with acriflavine, 5-10 drops for 1gallon, water change every 2days. But it seems that his condition isnt getting better or even getting worse after 1week+.
DF3CD4C8-8F62-40A6-9572-52819B0750CE.jpeg

He still eats but becomes very timid.
Should i continue with acrivlafine? Or should i change medication?

Thanks!

Attachments

• B08FED0F-FB90-436B-BF1C-D3196B7D072E.jpeg
    B08FED0F-FB90-436B-BF1C-D3196B7D072E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels? Fin rot is usually caused by poor water quality. His tank is much too small and he produces way too much waste for that size bowl. In order for the water levels to be healthy in that size you would have to do 100% water changes daily which would be stressful for the fish. In addition to this he does not have enough room to swim around.

Is his bowl heated or filtered? They need both of this

Do a full water change and move him to a bigger tank asap :)

Thanks!!

I havent got the tools to test ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate level, i ll get one. And we are in a tropical country, so temp is 25+ celcius

I moved him to a smaller tank because he seemed sick. So, no need for specific treatments?

Daily way
Thanks!!

I havent got the tools to test ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate level, i ll get one. And we are in a tropical country, so temp is 25+ celcius

I moved him to a smaller tank because he seemed sick. So, no need for specific treatments?
Daily water changes of 75% for two weeks and aquarium salt should do the trick for fin rot

Most reactions

Back