Filtration

andyk

Reaction score
Need a bit of advise if anyone can help me...
I have decided to set a small softy frag tank 18x15x10....I intend to have no fish(perhaps a few snails)
can anyone help me with the filtration i would need
cheers andy

Best filtration I can think of would be live rock to start. Skimming would help, as would any form of nutrient export (such as macro-algae or a Deep Sand Bed).

Most frag out tanks I have seen tend to be large with sump filtration, or linked to the display tank so benefitting from everything on that.

Best filtration I can think of would be live rock to start. Skimming would help, as would any form of nutrient export (such as macro-algae or a Deep Sand Bed).

Most frag out tanks I have seen tend to be large with sump filtration, or linked to the display tank so benefitting from everything on that.
do you think i could get away with just live rock and flow?as will be no fish or bio load

All that is needed for a frag tank is flow and light, but a skimmer and LR would be a good addition. No filtering will require you to do more waterchanges. Most people just plumb their fragtank into their main system, this also bennefits the displaytank as your total watervolume will be bigger making the water parameters more stable.

Most reactions

Back