Filters And Water Changes

windandfire12

Reaction score
Please help me!

My niece has a 1 gallon tank with a female Betta in it. Should I get her a small little filter? :p

Or should I just do more water changes? How often should I do water changes for her? :)

Should I do partial water changes or continue to empty out the entire tank, wash everything and then put her Betta back in? -_-

Is doing this good or bad for the Betta? :/

Please help me!

My niece has a 1 gallon tank with a female Betta in it. Should I get her a small little filter? :p

Or should I just do more water changes? How often should I do water changes for her? :)

Should I do partial water changes or continue to empty out the entire tank, wash everything and then put her Betta back in? -_-

Is doing this good or bad for the Betta? :/
1. I think it would be fine without a filter. Most of my bettas reside in 1 gallons without filters.
2. I changed mine weekly, but you could do semi weekly, too.
3. I empty out the entire tank, rinse everything off, and put it all back.
4. Definitely good. Bettas with clean water are happy bettas, normally.

I agree with betta love, but a filter couldnt hurt, but it doesnt need one, like i have my 2 bettas in 3 gallons and I've ordered filters for both but I'm still going to do water changes, I'm getting filters for mine because soon we will be leaving for a few days on vacation and the filter should keep the water that much cleaner for the duo.

Lokie, I have to disagree. Filters can hurt, especially in a tank that small. If the male isa regular store bought VT, having a filter on that small amount of water could stress him out from fighting against it all the time and being pushed around. Putting a filter on a 3 gallon and a 1 gallon is a big difference. Especially depending on the GPH rating of the filter.

i use small corner sponge bubble filters in all of my betta anks over 5 gallon and under 15 gallon :)

Bret

Sanadi, though I forgot to add it, the filter should have the adjustable feature so you can turn it down for more delicate fish, the filters I am getting do have that feature.

Most reactions

Back