Filter Review

Noahs ark6

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi.

My new filter arrived today, its a Boyu ef 05 external canister filter. It's got a in built UV steriliser.

I use it on my 20 ltr soon to be planted tank, i've only had it for a few hours, but i already love it. yes the flow is slow, but there is no noise, i even had to touch it to see if it was working. It comes with a sponge, noodles and ceramic rings, thus a big filtration capacity. I recommend it, especially considering its only £19.99 :good:

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 49
Was looking at getting this filter, never knew it has a UV. :good: Do you have to attach it onto the tank or can it go in a stand?

Thanks

Thanks for the link/reminder :good: i've been after one of these,and in the past APS hasn't had any in.

Just bought one and found a discount code for 15% off also,so cost £16.99 :good:

Cheers me dear :D

How long did they take to deliver yours?

Thanks for the link/reminder :good: i've been after one of these,and in the past APS hasn't had any in.

Just bought one and found a discount code for 15% off also,so cost £16.99 :good:

Cheers me dear :D

How long did they take to deliver yours?
I chose express delivery for an extra 75p and i ordered on monday and received on wednesday :good:

I have one of these, and they're great fo nano shrimp tanks!

How easy did your hoses go on?

I've been battling with trying to get the hoses connected on all 4 ends,just when i think its tight enough the hoses pull out of the plastic connecting nut!!! grrr!!! :grr:

thanks for the info, my daughter needs a small but decent external filter

How easy did your hoses go on?

I've been battling with trying to get the hoses connected on all 4 ends,just when i think its tight enough the hoses pull out of the plastic connecting nut!!! grrr!!! :grr:
it was a little difficult, but when you find the "sweet spot" they stay on nicely. It's a case of fiddling around with it, but it's worth it :good:

thanks for the info, my daughter needs a small but decent external filter
Thats fine :good:

just bought 1 of these as an addtional filter to my internal and propa chuffed its got a uv sterilizer init, and for 20 quid not bad at all even if the flow is slow onit its still gonna make the water crystal clear :)

Most reactions

Back