FILTER POWER

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smarties

Reaction score
The tank I bought came with a full parts kit to run a tropical setup. It came with a Fluval 2 as standard but I swapped it for a 4 in the shop and paid the difference. Seems pretty dam powerful the current it produces around the tank. Will this bother my fish when I come to introduce them? Do they need some form of shelter away from the current ?

Thanks

some fish like currents like those from fast moving streams and some prefere slow/still waters. Depends on what your gonna keep. Some filters/powerheads have a flow control so you might be able to throttle it back a bit if necessary - tho i dont know if fluvals do.
regards,
C

Can you alter the direction of the outlet nozzle? If you can point the nozzle toward the surface which will increase aeration and slow the current down.

Smartie,

I know the Fluval 2 & 3 have a flow adjustment so I would imagine the 4 does as well. (Just checked the Hagen site and it does).

Below the output nozzle there is a blue lever which you move from side to side to adjust the flow rate through the filter. You can also aim the output towards the side or back of the tank to reduce the direct durrents around the tank.

HTH, Eddie

Most reactions

Back