Filter Just Stopped Working

term_22000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
It just randomly stopped working. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Or should I go buy a new one?

It just randomly stopped working. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Or should I go buy a new one?
Hold up!

Give it a good old clean out. give it all your elbow grease.. :lol: and clean the propeller.along with the insides but don't completely clean the sponge.

if that dosen't work try changing the fuse. sometimes works. :fun:

give it a go? change the plug hole.

Check that there is no corrupted wire.

Is it still humming?

Either way, put the filter media directly into the tankand put an airline through it... at least your ammonium and nitrites wont spike!

Then if its still humming, as catfish said, clean out the propeller. Finally, dilute a solution of about 3 parts water, 1 part cheap crap vinegar into a bucket and let it run for 12 hours. This will dissolve any limescale buildup. Then rinse it and run the filter through fresh water again to remove the vinegar. Just remember, filter media in tank before!

Again.. Fuse good idea.

Is it still humming?

Either way, put the filter media directly into the tankand put an airline through it... at least your ammonium and nitrites wont spike!

Then if its still humming, as catfish said, clean out the propeller. Finally, dilute a solution of about 3 parts water, 1 part cheap crap vinegar into a bucket and let it run for 12 hours. This will dissolve any limescale buildup. Then rinse it and run the filter through fresh water again to remove the vinegar. Just remember, filter media in tank before!

Again.. Fuse good idea.
i had to use the vinegar method at one point :lol:

Most reactions

Back