Filter for 10 gallon

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have this top fin filter that is cycled and I was wondering if I could put it in a 10 gallon if all I had in the tank was a betta. It says on the box it is for up to 5 gallons, but I thought I’d ask just in case.

Attachments

• C9B6C3A8-8E60-4A93-BD78-4C0900A94545.jpeg
    C9B6C3A8-8E60-4A93-BD78-4C0900A94545.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 51
Are you moving the betta from the 5 to the 10?

I would assume it should be ok as it is one fish and I assume you would keep up with general water changes. Second opinion?

Are you moving the betta from the 5 to the 10?

I would assume it should be ok as it is one fish and I assume you would keep up with general water changes. Second opinion?
No it would be for a new betta. It’s a canister suction cup filter so you just stick it on.

Fast growing stem plants in particular, such as anacharis, hornwort.. consume ammonia (and nitrates, but they prefer ammonia), and so actually reduce the amount of nitrates, seeing as the bacteria will have less ammonia to convert to nitrite>nitrate

Yes, the filter will be OK.

I have a filter “made for” a 10g tank, in my 29g tank. Works perfectly. Some manufacturers over size their filters just to be safe.

I actually have a filter “made for” a 2.5g tank, in my 10g betta tank.

Perhaps augment the topfin filter with a small sponge filter working off a small air pump. Betta don’t like too much flow.

Most reactions

Back