Filter flow

Myrkk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have an external canister filter for my tank and the bar that goes across the back of the tank is quite robust in its flow. I’ve tried angling it down, up and forward but can’t figure out how to make the flow less aggressive. Do external canisters have a flow adjustment button I’m missing?
The tank has a lot of smaller fish i.e. diamond headed tetras and I’m finding they are all hiding at the end away from the spray bar.

Some do, some don't. Which filter is it?

I have an external canister filter for my tank and the bar that goes across the back of the tank is quite robust in its flow. I’ve tried angling it down, up and forward but can’t figure out how to make the flow less aggressive. Do external canisters have a flow adjustment button I’m missing?
The tank has a lot of smaller fish i.e. diamond headed tetras and I’m finding they are all hiding at the end away from the spray bar.
If there is no adjustment on your filter, you can put a Tee ("T") fitting in the output and input lines with the input and output going thru the top of the "T". Connect a line with an adjustable valve between the two remaining "T" openings. You can then adjust the flow by allowing high pressure output to recirculate (and refilter) back to the low pressure input.

You can angle the spray bar so it faces the glass.

You can drill more holes in the spray bar or make the current holes slightly bigger.

You can remove the spray bar and just have the water coming out of the end of the hose.

Most reactions

Back