Filter Flow...

CluelessScot

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just got a new filter (Fluval 4+) and its moving my plants and also my flowting plants are just going round and round :S
Is there any way of slowing the flow down further as i have set it at min atm?

Thanks

Kev

Well, since its internal, I've found two good(ish) ways. Note I've only used these on the 2+. First, wedge as many drinking straws as you can as deep as you can into the out ward tubey thing, that cuts it down. Either/and elasctic band some filter floss on the end, it also adds exrta filtration (albeit not much).

Is there anyway you can redirect the flow?.....I use Juwel tanks and have mine pointing up and diagonally across the tank to ripple the water surface (all my flaoting plants sit quite motionless at the other end of the tank and its just the long leaves of my onion bulbs that get blown about by the water flow but thats what I wanted.
You could try redirecting itperhaps against the back wall of the tank (if it has an attachment to enable you to do so) and maybe use an air stone to ripple the water surface with far less disruption and current.

Well, since its internal, I've found two good(ish) ways. Note I've only used these on the 2+. First, wedge as many drinking straws as you can as deep as you can into the out ward tubey thing, that cuts it down. Either/and elasctic band some filter floss on the end, it also adds exrta filtration (albeit not much).

Thats some dame good ideas... i have it on the back pointing the front but im not sure if that neabs its only filtering like 1/4 of the tank?

Ill try the straws, then the filter floss, then both :) well once i remove the old filter.

Anyone know a way of speeding that up? 2 weeks seems alittle long to have them both running

Kev

you can put the media from the old filter into the new one if possible. then you can just remove the odler filter as you won't have to wait for the bacteria to migrate

you can put the media from the old filter into the new one if possible. then you can just remove the odler filter as you won't have to wait for the bacteria to migrate

Cant do that, the old filter has a spunge in it, thats all, silly big block that wouldnt fit in :( cant i let it float about the top?

The Fluval filters usually have a grey knob that you can turn round, so its tight...has yours got one?

C x

-_- where bouts is the grey knob?

Most reactions

Back