Filter And Water Current

Karplunk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a new internal filter (mechanical and biological) today and installed it in my 3 gallons tank. When I put my betta back in the tank, he just swim away and hid behind the plant (the farthest one in the corner of the tank). At first, I thought he was not use to it, so I let the filter run in the tank for about an hour. When I came back, my betta was still in the same place where I last saw him.
So I think the current might be strong, is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Also, I noticed that if I place the filter in horizontal, and point the "exit" (where the filtered water come out) down at the bottom of the tank, the water current become much more calmer than when I put it vertically. Does the position of the filter matter? (in the instruction paper, it told me to set the filter up vertically)

Hi, it will take the betta atleast a week to get used to the new filter.

If the current is too strong, you can out tights on the outake flow, a piece of sponge, or point it against the back glass.

Though, there should be a turner to set the amount of flow you want in the tank, if not id use the sponge method, make sure its not too much that will completley bklock the flow.

:)

Most reactions

Back