Filter 407 primer seal

BarryM1979

Reaction score
Hi sorry im very new to all this but i had a broken primer lever for a fluval 407 unit. I replaced the primer but theres some sort of gasket/seal inside the unit that is missing and i am struggling to find a replacement as have no idea what size it was or what its actually called, i have the o ring and the intake/outtake gasket rings but its the gasket/seal that goes in between the primer handle and the plunger in the unit. Can anyone help me

Hi sorry im very new to all this but i had a broken primer lever for a fluval 407 unit. I replaced the primer but theres some sort of gasket/seal inside the unit that is missing and i am struggling to find a replacement as have no idea what size it was or what its actually called, i have the o ring and the intake/outtake gasket rings but its the gasket/seal that goes in between the primer handle and the plunger in the unit. Can anyone help me
Tricky one by the sound of it , I’d try the good old suck the pipe method and draw the air out that way or do what I did after many blisters and angry pumping of a silly little prime lever I bought a self priming filter I’d always recommend the fx range pricey but you pay for what you get in my opinion, I wouldn’t buy a different range of filters after using the fx4 and fx6

Tricky one by the sound of it , I’d try the good old suck the pipe method and draw the air out that way or do what I did after many blisters and angry pumping of a silly little prime lever I bought a self priming filter I’d always recommend the fx range pricey but you pay for what you get in my opinion, I wouldn’t buy a different range of filters after using the fx4 and fx6
No it all works just the seal in the primer is missing so i end up getting a leak out of the priner valve so the seal is all i need to haveit fully functioning

The valve on the left is where the seal should go, any ideas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 35

Most reactions

Back