Film Over Tank Water

t..j

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can anybody please advise me as to what to do with my tank please.i have a very thin film over the top of the water.the fish are coming up for air and the water is not moving,i have scraped it with my net the best i could and it's still there.the bubbles are gathering and not moving.it's very cloudy just at the top.do i do a partcial or full water change?i dont want to loose any of my fish help is needed thanks :unsure:

my filter is hydor crystal duo r1011.wot i think has happened is that i borrowed my sister-inlaws breader net for my pregnant molly,just done a water change to see if i could get rid of the film on the water moved the breader net down and felt the inside and it was greasy the outside was fine thats how come i never noticed it.now i have took it out and there is still some grease in there :angry: imtryin to scim a cup across the top of the water but im not havin any look.please i need help.my fish seem ok but i dont want to take any chances :unsure:

Try to net it out with a regular net. Also if you can increase the movement of water, and do a water change after you get as much of the film out of the tank as you can. Test your water for levels and make sure the fish are doing well. Good luck!

Just an idea, but what about laying kitchen roll on the top of the water. Would it pick up the film with it when you remove it?

thanks guys for the help, my tank is back to normal now after alot of scrapping the top of the tank water with my net.the fish can come up with no worries :D

Most reactions

Back