Ferret Pictures!

Reaction score
Hello all! It's been a while since i've posted pictures of any of our ferrets on here but after talking to Erised, I thought it was time I shared the cutest pictures of my ferrets with the world!!

This is Amy, she is my greatest companion and shares my bedroom with me (and the fish). Anyway ferrets are the only mammels that can't sweat so have no way of cooling themselves down. For this reason, in hot weather, they can enter a state known in the ferret world as 'sleeping-not-dead syndrome' which is basically a coma-like state where even experienced ferret keepers like me can be alarmed when I go and find a limp, lifeless ferret in it's cage. They slow their breathing right down and honestly act dead.... it does provide a great time for photo's though!! The ferret is in no pain or harm and if I cool them down they come out of the state, look at you and say 'why you wake me!' - They are great!!

Anyway, I got these pictures below when my baby, called Amy, has a case of sleeping-not-dead this summer!! She's a sweety! :wub:

Please support my ferret rescue here

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

Also, here's some of her and Ellie, my other great friend :wub:

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00714-1.jpg

And here's one of Ellie by herself :wub:

DSC00710.jpg

Aww Tim! They're absolutely gorgeous! I still think you're mean for messing with her when she's asleep like that though :p They're gorgeous none the less =) I especially like Ellies colours, though I bet that outside she gets dirty quite quickly being so light in colour.

:wub: Aaaw, they are absolutely gorgeous. I love the way Amy sleeps, she looks dead to the world, even though it looks uncomfortable. They are amazing. I really wish we could have some, but with three kids, and numerous fish tanks I don't think I'd have the time for them. They look like they needs loads of company and stimulation. Maybe once the kids are a lot older and I have more time on my hands :/ .

Great pics, they are both gorgeous little girls.

:D

Aww Tim! They're absolutely gorgeous! I still think you're mean for messing with her when she's asleep like that though :p They're gorgeous none the less =) I especially like Ellies colours, though I bet that outside she gets dirty quite quickly being so light in colour.

Thanks!! It's not mean... she's doesn't know what's going on!! LOL! She does get quite dirty because ferrets love to dig! However, it gives me an excuse to bath them which is very funny and entertaining to watch!!

:wub: Aaaw, they are absolutely gorgeous. I love the way Amy sleeps, she looks dead to the world, even though it looks uncomfortable. They are amazing. I really wish we could have some, but with three kids, and numerous fish tanks I don't think I'd have the time for them. They look like they needs loads of company and stimulation. Maybe once the kids are a lot older and I have more time on my hands :/ .

Great pics, they are both gorgeous little girls.

:D

They make great pets. They need about 1-2 hours of attention a day, more if you can give it :) They make great pets :wub: Definatley look at getting them when you have the time :D

Those are soooo cute :wub: That coma thing is seriously strange though! Must be quite freaky when you see it happen for the first time...

Paula

Awwwww! Another fish-obsessed ferret owner! They are so cute :wub: Does yours like to watch the tank (when you hold 'em up?)?

Oh yeah all our rescue ferrets love a little fish-theropy! One of the ferrets we have (Jake) loves to watch my Puffer fish when it's feeding time, he gets fascinated by it!

Great pictures! :D
We have two of them ourselves, they're so friggin sweet.

Here's a link to our ferrets in their coma-like states lol
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=159925

I've just looked at your babies :wub: Damm their cute! They make such great pets don't though :wub:

timmystood, could you give me some advice.
I have a lot of experience with animals, even though I am only 15, I have had:
- fish
- dogs
- cats
- guinea pigs
- Rabbits
- Horses
- Rats
and stick insects
and have grown up around
- birds and tortoises
I also work at the vets.
I was very taken with the pictures of your ferrets they are gorgeous!!!!
I was wondering if you could give me some info on their: care, housing, play, attention (which would be like 24/7)
Thanks Kt xxxxx

Most reactions

Back